- Oversee daily prescribed fire and fuels management activities
- Apply the 5 principles of High Reliability Organizing to the ICS functions of Planning, Logistics, Finance and Operations and into everyday operations.
- Responsible for fleet management, supply/cache management and facilities maintenance at our Loveland, Colorado office.
- Manage and oversee Fire Operations staff members.
- Assist in the management of IQS, position task books and development plans for all fire qualified personnel
- Coordinate and organize remote fire crews.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, final reviewer, and/or author of burn plans.
- Coordinate wildland fire activities with federal, state, and local agencies/entities
- Ensure wildland fire policies are met.
- Deal with a variety of complex technical problems relating to fire weather, smoke management, fire behavior, and computer modeling.
- Provide leadership in the fire safety program and instills risk management principles in all program activities.
- Serve as Duty Officer for TEA fire operations
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Ensure that fire personnel qualification records are maintained
- Plan, organize, and lead large scale collaborative burns.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, including a commitment to principles of Duty, Integrity and Respect. Actively participate in creating a kind, safe and healthy work environment which encourages the diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice of all people.
- Passion for TEA’s ecological and social missions
- Strong communications skills
- Strong operational and logistical fire management subject matter knowledge
- Commitment to collaboration and partnership building
- Strong project and program management skills and ability to effectively multitask
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Double single resource boss (SRB, i.e. ENGB + FIRB) + ICT4
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives, and managing performance
- Experience managing organizational risk
- Effective knowledge of common software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to live and work within commuting distance of Loveland, Colorado
- TFLD (Task Force Leader) and/or RXB2 + ICT4
- Experience authoring and reviewing programmatic pile and broadcast burn plans.
- Experience in partnership development with nonprofits, community groups and/or government agencies.
- Strong mechanical experience
- Strong business acumen