October 14, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Morgan City Harbor & Terminal District
(In front of Municipal Auditorium)
7327 Hwy 182
Morgan City, LA 70381
This class will address all the essential elements of conducting controlled burns in coastal marsh habitats. Successfully completing the class along with burning experience is required for Prescribed Burner – Marshland certification by the La. Department of Agriculture and Forestry.
Who Should Attend: Coastal Marsh Landowners and Land Managers, Hunters & Trappers Who Assist with Controlled Burns, Anyone Interested in Using Fire as a Marsh Management Technique.
Cost and Registration: There is no cost to attend the class but pre-registration is requested. To preregister, email Faran Dietz at email@example.com
Registration 10:00 am– 2:00pm
- 10:00 – Introduction to Prescribed Burner Certification
- 10:15 – Why Burn the Marsh: Ecology of Louisiana Marshlands
- 11:00 – Fire Weather Forecast
- 11:30 – Break
- 11:45 – Smoke Management
- 12:15 – Fire Line Establishment
- 12:45 – The Prescribed Burning Plan
- 1:15 – Test