The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) has an exciting opportunity within our Forest Resiliency Division. As the Certified Burner Program Manager you will be on the leading edge of a developing all lands prescribed fire program improving forest health and resiliency throughout the state. You will be leading the development of a program that certifies private landowners, contractors, and natural resource professionals to lead prescribed fires intended to improve ecosystem resiliency as we work towards our 20-Year Forest Health Strategic Plan goals.
- Develop and maintain course content for a state Certified Burner program targeted to private landowners, natural resource management contractors, and other land management professionals.
- Plan, organize, and lead in-person delivery of Certified Burner program content.
- Initiate and manage rulemaking for the training program based on state legislature requirements.
- Work with and advise other DNR programs and partners on related policy and legislation.
- Collaborate with partners and other state certification agencies on course materials and program recruitment.
- Validate participant qualifications and successful program completion.
- Track and annually report on program progress and accomplishments.
- Create and maintain a database tracking program completion and interest.
- Serve as lead for agency communication regarding the training program and work with DNR Communications staff to develop outreach materials.
- Support other statewide prescribed fire training efforts and activities.
- Help to identify and overcome local and statewide barriers to prescribed burning.