Position advertised through the Colorado State University Center for the Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). For more information see the position description. Position summary pasted below. Applications due by 9/13/2021.
A Wildland Fire Support Services position is available with the Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands (CEMML). This position is located at Eglin Air Force Base in Niceville, FL.
This position serves as Support Services for the Eglin Wildland Support Module (WSM) for the U.S. Air Force Wildland Fire Branch (AFWFB) based at Eglin AFB, FL. The primary purpose of this position is to provide a wide range of logistical and administrative support functions. In addition, opportunities to assist with wildland fire management may be available depending on qualifications. The Eglin WSM is a high paced program responsible for implementing an average of 80 prescribed burns and responding to 60 wildfires annually on Air Force properties throughout Florida and the southeast U.S. The position is expected to be 80% office work and 20% fieldwork.
- Serves as Secondary Eglin WSM Dispatcher when Primary Dispatcher is unavailable.
- Providing logistical support and coordination for Inter-agency detailer crews.
- Provide assistance with, and data entry into, the Incident Qualifications and Certification System (IQCS).
- Maintains resource status and tracking systems. Maintain resource availability for interagency assignment in IROC system.
- Assist with timekeeping in the Automated Time Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS).
- Assist with data and records entry into AFWFB inventory management and detailer tracking systems.
- Organizes and reviews completed records of all orders placed and actions taken to ensure adherence to established operating procedures.
- Inputs data into a number of fire-related computer applications (e.g., incident qualification records and fire reporting systems).
- Assists with providing critical logistical support information to Eglin WSM leaders and AFWFB HQ staff making recommendations concerning the efficient uses of available resources.
- Monitors and assures completion of daily, weekly, monthly, and year-end required records, reports, and summaries for the AFWFB East Region.
- Provide assistance in prescribed burns, fire effects monitoring, and other habitat management actions.