This is work supporting ESII, ESIII and Parks and Recreation Specialist managing land and amenities to include public access activities of Natural Areas and Trails. This position assists with habitat restoration, listed species monitoring and management of nuisance species. The position is responsible for positive visitor experiences, volunteer training and coordination and assisting with special events. This position will also assist with contract management and oversight and development of land management plans.
Support and implement all land management activities necessary to properly manage natural areas in Sarasota County.
- Natural areas management including protected species monitoring, habitat restoration, documentation of nuisance species, nuisance vegetation management (either self, through team work days, with volunteers, Sheriff’s Work Offender Program teams or contractual), implementation of nuisance and feral animal control measures and assists with ensuring archaeological and cultural resources are protected.
- Document, monitor, and treat exotic plant occurrences on county owned and/or managed lands.
- Maintain Core, Natural Areas and Aquatics pesticide applicator license.
- Work in Maximo to submit appropriate service requests for Integrated Pest Management activities.
- Assist Emergency Services with planning, organizing, preparing and conducting prescribed burns under the direction of the Fire Mitigation Specialists and Manager.
- Assist in the implementation/oversight of resource management projects to be performed by an outside contractor and/or internal work units.
- Ensures compliance to all policies, guidelines, procedures, Federal/State regulations and standards.
- All other types of work necessary to lead and/or support land management goals.