This position reports directly to the Chief Ranger. Work environment is mountainous terrain, often in inclement weather or at night.
- The Fire Management Officer will lead and manage all operational fire, prescribed fire and fuels, fire ecology, fire information, planning, administration and human capital.
- Ensures that the fire management program is in compliance with environmental laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops and reviews fire prevention plans.
- Ensure that all phases of fire management planning are completed.
- Monitors fire season severity predictions, fire behavior and fire activity levels and takes appropriate action.