Position: Land Management Technician
Location: Bladen County
The company office is in Bladen county NC 1.45 hours from
Raleigh, 1 hour from Wilmington, and 1 hour from
Fayetteville NC. Twin Creeks services most of the south east
of North Carolina and we manage properties in Bladen,
Pender, Sampson, Duplin, Cumberland, Columbus, New
Hanover, and Brunswick Counties.
Terms of employment:
We are looking to fill one immediate position.
• Pay based on training and experience.
• Some weekend work may be required.
Scope of Work:
We are a land management company based in Eastern Bladen County. We offer many services to our clients
such as prescribed burning, tree planting, herbicide application, and forestry mulching. We are looking for an
experienced, punctual, self-motivated person to assist with prescribed burns in the dormant and growing
seasons. On non-burn days the employee will assist with a variety of daily tasks such as operating and
maintaining equipment i.e. (mini ex, tractor, dozer, skidder, UTV, truck and trailer, etc.).
Candidates will need basic math skills and reliable transportation. Background in prescribed fire, forestry,
wildlife, or biology is preferred. A pesticide license is a plus. Candidate must be willing to work in all types of
weather conditions and work with herbicides.
Typically work-days are from 7:30am-5pm with an hour for lunch M-Th and half day on Friday except during
burn season Oct-May. During burn season, days can be longer and weekend work is a possibility.
• A minimum of one year of college studies in forestry, ecology or a closely related field.
• Familiarity with the plants and plant communities of the North Carolina coastal plain.
• Experience operating various types of heavy equipment as well as smaller Equipment (chainsaws, brush cutters,
UTVs, ATVs, portable pumps, drip torches, etc.).
• Successful completion of a forestry summer camp or an equivalent summer field skills camp.
• Manual labor skills (e.g., painting, basic equipment maintenance).
If interested, submit a resume and cover letter citing relevant skills or work experience to