This position provides technical support for access and management of lands acquired through the Hillsborough County Jan K. Platt Environmental Lands Acquisition and Protection Program (ELAPP).
The position may perform one or more of the activities below:
- Provides maintenance of existing and future access points, trails, and park sites at all ELAPP Preserves.
- Conducts exotic plant control using herbicide and other methods.
- Assists with exotic, invasive, and nuisance animal removal.
- Assists with prescribed burns by preparing fire lanes and prescribed burn activities
- Assists with or gives guided field trips on various nature preserves.
- Assists with water quality monitoring.
- Assists with restoration activities, including planting of native species.
- Maintains signs, restroom facilities, and parking areas at various preserves.
Apply by December 29.