See below for a timely update from the planning team responsible for the upcoming Southern Area RT-300 / Burn Boss Refresher event coming up November 29th – December 2nd in Chattanooga, TN. Registration and more information.
We invite you and your organization to participate in the 2021 Southern Area Interagency Prescribed Fire Training for Burn Bosses and Agency Administrators which will be held November 29 – December 2, 2021 at the Chattanooga Convention Center, Chattanooga TN.
The key word this year is interagency – and that means more than just federal agencies. We are welcoming federal, state, tribes, non-government organizations, academia; really anyone who participates in prescribed burning to attend. Yes, the various agency requirements for certification normally included at RT-300 will be covered but there is so much more to the 2021 event. This year we have curriculum for agency administrators as well as burn bosses. Plus, this event provides an opportunity to share the latest and greatest technology, information, techniques and successes within the prescribed fire community. The event is meant to be a learning experience for all that attend, an opportunity to build relationships, and discuss key issues in prescribed fire, monitoring and ecosystem management and restoration. The workshop is organized conference-style, and all participates will pre-register for a subset of sessions over 3 days.
How can you and your organization participate?
- Register and participate in the training: This training will include multiple sessions covering over 20 topicsincluding monitoring, ecosystem management, firing techniques, risk decision making, working with the public and writing better burn plans. Plan to arrive in Chattanooga on November 29 to sign in. Register Here.
- Display posters about your organization or programs: Use this opportunity to relay your organization’s mission, recruit personnel or share your accomplishments. Posters will be displayed throughout the convention center and will not be staffed.
- Informational Poster: Agencies and organizations, please take this opportunity to brag about your program and accomplishments. Your agency or group may be sponsoring a contest for the best poster submission!
- Research Poster: We don’t want you to create a new poster, but rather reuse posters you have created for other meetings or conferences and share them with a new audience. You do not need to attend to share your poster.
Contact Beth Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on poster displays. Sorry, your material cannot be returned but we may redisplay it at future events.
- Information Tables and Technology Room Booths: We are hosting information tables and a technology room where you can interact with attendees throughout the event.
- Information tables with brochures, displays or handouts will be located throughout the center and students can visit during breaks and lunch.
- The Technology Room will be a session that participants can enroll in allowing them several hours dedicated to learning about the latest technologies of their choice. If you have tools or software that would best be explained in an individual or small-group session, please sign up to demo in the Tech Room.
Contact George Custer at email@example.com if you have questions about booths. George can help determine the best use of your information at a Tech Room booth or information table.
To contribute a poster please go to this link Posters
To provide an information booth use this link Information Booth
And if you’d like to join the Tech Room, use this link Tech Room
We look forward to having representation from all the organizations, agencies, partners and researchers who support prescribed fire in the southern area!