The National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) has an immediate need for a full-time, term limited (minimum of 2 years) Forester to work in Louisiana. The preferred central location will be in proximity of Leesville, LA. This position will be responsible for completing forest management plans for private, non-industrial landowners in cooperation with conservation Partners including the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Oversee, manage, and distribute over $100,000 to landowners in order to meet specified conservation needs such as prescribed burning and Longleaf pine plantings.
- Work cooperatively with the NRCS state and local offices, agency partners, and other NWTF staff to provide technical assistance to landowners, primarily through the development of conservation plans and implementation of conservation practices via Farm Bill Programs.
- Coordinate private landowner outreach via field days, workshops, and forestry / wildlife expos
- Promote our cooperative work through landowner and Partner contacts
- Generate landowner interest that leads to conservation plans being developed and subsequent contracts / producers for NRCS
- Address significant forest health issues affecting important habitat for a suite of game and non-game species as part of America’s Longleaf Restoration Initiative
- Manage all aspects of planned project work including budgets, necessary reporting, and completion of established deliverables
- Formulate geospatial aspects for all project work including the development of Arc maps outlining landowner properties, forest stands, and recommended conservation practices
- Promote accomplishments through NWTF and Partners via public relations / media outlets
Application deadline July 2, 2021. Apply here.