For the past 18 months, emergency response personnel have dealt with the strain of the COVID-19 pandemic in addition to the regular onslaught of tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires, and other hazards. In this webinar, panelists from the public health and emergency services sectors will discuss approaches for addressing worker burnout, promoting individual-level resilience, and mitigating the impacts of worker shortages as the COVID-19 crisis continues to evolve.
- How decision makers can provide support to the disaster workforce
- Strategies that can promote resilience and reduce worker burnout
- Phil Ambrose, Glendale Fire Department
- Curry Mayer, Seattle Office of Emergency Management
- David Miller, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Sue Ann Sarpy, Principal, Sarpy and Associates, LLC