The intent of this course is to train new firefighters in basic firefighting skills. It is often required for participation in prescribed burning activities. Participants who complete all course requirements will receive federally-recognized NWCG certificates for S-130, S-190, and L-180.
**This training is presented in a hybrid format. Participants must complete 40 hours of training total, including online material via Canvas and attending an in-person field day in order to earn NWCG certificates for S-130, S-190, L-180.**
PLEASE NOTE: You should expect to devote approximately 33 hours to complete the online material through Canvas; a suggested timeline to keep you on track over the three weeks of online coursework will be provided after registration closes.
Online training, to be completed at your own pace April 14 – May 4:
- S-190 = 7 hours of online learning
- S-130 = 22 hours of online learning
- L-180 = 4 hours of online learning
In-person training, to be completed at one of the following dates/locations:
- May 5 at Apalachicola Bluffs & Ravines Preserve, in Bristol, FL
- May 20 at Ordway-Swisher Biological Preserve, in Melrose, FL
- May 21 at Ordway-Swisher Biological Preserve, in Melrose, FL
- May 21 at Disney Wilderness Preserve, in Poinciana, FL