This employee will:
- Conduct prescribed fire burns on Heritage Preserves as needed.
- Update Management Plans for each property.
- Maintain familiarity with management objectives for each property.
- Track and prepare budgets, monthly reports.
- Maintain accurate records and proof expenditures.
- Inspect Properties on an as needed basis.
- Conduct wildlife (game and non-game species) and habitat management activities on Heritage Preserves in Region 4.
- Monitor red-cockaded woodpecker clusters and other T&E/sensitive species.
- Represent DNR at various meetings where Heritage Preserves may be impacted.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A master’s degree in biology, chemistry or wildlife management and two (2) years of experience in fish, wildlife or marine management or research programs; or a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, wildlife management or related technical area and four (4) years of experience in fish, wildlife or marine management or research programs.
Ability to obtain DLEO Commission and prescribed fire managers certification.